8.29.2007

Another day.

Today in the lunchroom at work, I was talking to one of the stockboys. He was all excited about taking a big trip to the Colorado river and how he was going to be 'partying' for a week with his best friend. Because he was working with us at the store all summer, it was all the more exciting to go away right before school started up next week. He was going to be starting his senior year in high school. After that I find out he's just turning 17. My response was, "I could be your father." I can't complain. Every year on this day, I make it a point to reflect and complain to a degree about how much older I am or feel. This time around, I'll sort of spare you. LOL. Things are actually going well. I've got a job. I've got a place to live. Much more than I had last year. Yep -- happy birthday to me on my 39th birthday!

No comments: