2.24.2008

Rags to (not really any) riches.

At work this week, they transferred us department managers around into other departments. Since the store opened last May, this is the first rotation. During our weekly department manager's meeting on Friday, there was a big ol' discussion about change and how we deal with it. In theory, change is supposed to be a good thing, right? Well -- it sucks. LOL. Eh, I'm just being a big baby. Just when things got all comfortable they had to change things up on us! Anyway, the upper management presents us with our department assignments by giving us random 'gifts' from the departments we're supposed to oversee. On the first round, I was presented with a green plastic cutting board. This represented the GOURMET department in the scheme of things. My 'gift' this go around was a bag filled with a couple of taupe 2-ply pique egyptian cotton hand towels. Erm, the first thought running through my mind were ... c*m rags? (Yeah -- my mind was in the gutter.) It turned out that I was assigned the FURNITURE AND TEXTILES department. Well, we'll see if that at least could be fun. ;-)

No comments: