5.08.2008

Sticky and Sweet.


Tour dates were just announced for Madonna's STICKY AND SWEET tour this summer. The Los Angeles stop is on November 6 at Dodger Stadium. Tickets go on sale June 1. Wow, I wonder how much THOSE tickets are going to cost?!? Either way, I'll probably go. I missed out on TRUE CONFESSIONS a couple of years ago. I guess I kind of needed a job or something at the time to afford to go right? ;-) In my lifetime, I think I've seen Madonna live 2.25 times [WHO'S THAT GIRL (1987), BLONDE AMBITION (1990) and DROWNED WORLD (2001)]. The .25th time was with the BLONDE AMBITION TOUR. I just happened to be in Los Angeles during my summer break and my aunt and I tried to see what we could do to see the show because all 5 days were sold out! We didn't buy any scalped tickets but we did wait in line for the unclaimed will-calls. By the time we were able to get to the box office, there was like 30 minutes left in the show. We ended up with decent seats ~~ first tier (back left) with a straight on view of the stage. $30 for 30 minutes!!! It's hard to believe that's what it big concerts cost back then.

FUN FACT: Madonna's WHO'S THAT GIRL TOUR (July 2, 1987 @ RFK Stadium in Washington, DC) was my first concert ever!

No comments: