
I work a part-time retail job in the mall. Not the most glamorous thing to do, but it provides some extra cash in my pocket and the opportunity to get nice clothes at a decent discount. It most definitely isn't the most difficult thing to do with your time except for standing all day long and iwreaking havoc on your lower back. Since I'm pretty much one of the new guys, I don't really have a lot of close friends there yet. After getting my assigned post for the shift, I see that one of my sections of the store is in a little disarray from customers picking over things. In an effort to tidy things up, I decided to tackle the unruly denim wall and started to contently fold and stack away. Apparently, I embarked on a project already started by someone else who was on break. When this person came back, he clearly sees what I'm doing (quite well, actually) and proceeds to talk to me as such with another coworker present:
KID: Hey, what was your name again?
ME: Mike.
KID: Do you know how to fold jeans?
ME: Yeah.
KID: Let me show you. [
He then demonstrates.]
ME: Yup, doing that. [
Mind you, I was already in progress with a couple of stacks already done.]
KID: [
Chimes in after a few minutes.] You gotta tuck the flap here. And you gotta size them too.
ME: DONE!
GIRL: Have you worked in retail before?
ME: Yeah.
GIRL: Oh really? Where?
ME: BANANA REPUBLIC in both Orlando and DC for about 3 years. It was a long time ago though.
KID: [
Had no comment.]
ME: [
Not missing a beat, continued to fold away to a most splendid wall of jeans!]
Jeez. Talk about getting irritated to the nth degree! To be berated by some post-teen who thinks he knows more than you ... when he clearly doesn't. Ugh. Anyway, the moral of this story: Pay little Asian kids NO mind.
1 comment:
I would have folded a jean such that the leg whapped him in the face. Then said "Oh. Sorry." Hahaha :p
Damn kids.....
Post a Comment