5.27.2007

Mad(der) World.



I know I ranted about this a few months ago, but I came across this song again and felt the need to rant some more! Originally a Tears for Fears song from 1982, this track was covered by Gary Jules on the soundtrack to the film DONNIE DARKO in 2002. It was recently used in the adverts for the Gears of War video game. It's such a moving song and this version just totally wows me for some reason. The dude is actually kinda cute, too, in that skinny indie-rock-bear-sort-of-way. LOL.

Anyway, I digress. Rehashed 80's music like this always puts me in a 'mood' for some reason. Not a bad thing I suppose, but it's a distinct feeling that I can't really put behind me either. With that in mind, the muzak at work is totally pulling my panties in a pinch as well. This month's soundtrack actually has Yazoo's "Only You" and Bananarama's "Really Sayin' Somethin'" on it. The former song I already mentioned back on Mother's day. The latter, a turning point song that I witnessed originally on American Bandstand in 1982 that I attribute to me being such a freak with music in the first place. Now all I need to hear on the store muzak is Erasure's "Sometimes" and I think my life will be complete. ;-)

No comments: