12.06.2007

Southeastern Pacific Spice.


Yup. I just saw The Spice Girls Wednesday night at The Staples Center here in Los Angeles. Talk about guilty pleasure. The $110++ ticket didn't turn out to be the floor seats I thought I was getting, but it was a great 2 hour experience nonetheless. [Pictures to follow below.] The ruckus really started before the show when the celebs started showing up. Apparently when David Beckham appeared with Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, and Suri following thereafter the camera phones were just clicking away. This news, of course, was coming from my seat neighbor's phone who's friend was sitting at that side of the venue! LOL. Anyway, the next big eruption came from the section below us when apparently Paula Abdul showed up. I was like saying to myself, "How come the only thing I can spot was the big drag queen on the floor clear across arena?" I turned out to be Chi-Chi La Rue. Don't ask me how I know. I'm just sayin'...

Anyway, back to the girls. They did all of their hits and then some. They wore fabulous outfits by Roberto Cavalli. They also had way cute dancers too! It was nice to see them in some updated takes on their 'signature' costumes from back in the day too. Geri Hallowell (Ginger) was in her Union Jack mini. Mel B. (Scary) did her leopard thing. Mel C. (Sporty) sported some sequined Adidas warmups and trainers. Victoria Beckham (Posh) was fierce in her black mini(s) and heels. Emma Bunton (Baby) was equally fabulous in her own little baby doll dress too! They all did solos except for Victoria who did a runway walk and started posing of all things during in her own section! The stand out voice was definitely Mel C. Second was Mel B. Geri Hallowell was definitely third, but with her solo of "It's Raining Men" she definitely gets kudos for almost stealing the show. All in all, I had a blast!










1 comment:

Jeff in NC said...

Wow! Now that's a once-in-a-lifetime experience! How cool!