6.07.2010

Robbie.


(from So Hip It Hurts)

Vinny Vero does a nice little writeup of a new Robbie Williams retrospective due to be released this fall '10.  I totally didn't know that he covered George Michael's 'Freedom' as one of his first solo hits!  I kind of fell late on the whole Take That bandwagon  in the 90's.  I think it was the single 'Back for Good' that peaked my interest.  Of course by then, Robbie was well on his way OUT of that whole boy band business.  I distinctly remember blasting this track quite often in the boardroom at Sony Music Distribution (my old job back in the day) in Beltsville, MD.  Mind you -- Take That were NOT a Sony act.  lolol.  Anyway -- Robbie was total hotness back then.  (He still is IMHO.  Also, after watching 'Back for Good' again ... Gary Barlow is a whole bunch of yummy too!)  It's quite unfortunate that Robbie never really REALLY hit it big in the US. 


No comments: